Department of Computer Science
Entrance Examination 2009
1. This entrance is specifically conducted for admission to Full time courses conducted at Department of Computer Science University of Pune only.
2. 50% seats of the overall sanctioned intake capacity are reserved for reserved category students from the Maharashtra State.
3. Students are advised to follow the instructions about the Entrance Examination on this webpage only and any other information may not be entertained on the dept. office telephone.
Courses: M.C.A. and M.Sc. (Computer Science)
For M.C.A.: Any Science Graduate (including B.C.A.under Science Faculty) with Mathematics at 10+2 Level.
For M.Sc. (Computer Science) : Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.
The admissions are and will be done in accordance with the Ordinance No. 181 (Ordinance for admissions of students to the Post-Graduate courses in the University Departments/ Institutions)
Date and time of Examination: 22nd February 2009 from 10am to 1pm
Last date of online Application: 10th February 2009
In Maharashtra State: Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Pune, Jalgaon, Nasik, Kolhapur, Nagpur
Outside Maharashtra State: Delhi, Allahabad, Hyderabad
For General Category Student: Rs. 575/-
For Reserved Category Student (In Maharashtra): Rs. 475/-
(1) Please pay the Fees through the Demand Draft of any Nationalized Bank that is to be drawn in favour of ‘The Registrar, University of Pune’, payable at Pune.
(2) Please mention your name and the application form number (which you will receive after submitting the online application form with details) on the back of the Demand Draft.
(3) Reservation is applicable only for Maharashtra domicile SC, ST, DT/NT, OBC categories as per Govt. of Maharashtra G.R. and 3% for PH. Non-creamy layer certificate is necessary for OBC, DT/NT category candidates at the time of final admissions.
Syllabus for Entrance Examination:
The entrance examination consists of multiple choice (objective type) questions, and covers the areas of Mathematics, general aptitude and English language.
· Set theory: Set operations, relations, functions.
· Propositional logic: Formulation, deduction, evaluation, puzzles.
· Linear Algebra: Solution of a system of linear equations. Determinant and inverse of a matrix, basic properties of matrices.
· Co-ordinate Geometry and Conic Sections: Equations of lines and planes, vector products; definitions and properties of conic sections.
· Trigonometry: Identities, computation of heights and lengths.
· Differential Calculus: Total and partial differentiation, limit of a function.
· Integral Calculus: Definite and indefinite integrals, solution of differential equations, computation of areas and volumes.
· Series and sequences: sum, mean, convergence, limit.
· Real and complex numbers: surds, solution of equations on complex domain.
· Polynomials: solution of quadratic equations, properties of roots of polynomials with real coefficients, binomial expansion, Taylor series.
· Permutations and Combinations.
· Elementary Probability Theory: Computing probability from combinatorial reasoning, conditional probability.
Click Here For Online Application
For more details, visit: www.unipune.ernet.in