DELHI SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
M.A. / M.Phil & Ph.D (Economics) Admissions 2009-2010
1. The application forms for M.A,M.Phil and Ph.D courses will be available from the office of the Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics against a demand draft of Rs. 500/-(for General Category & other category except SC/ST Category) and Rs.300/- (for SC/ST Category). The demand draft should be made from any nationalised bank drawn in favour of Registrar, University of Delhi, payable at Delhi from Monday, the 18th May 2009 to Friday, the 19th June, 2009.
Candidates who cannot purchase the application form in person, should follow the procedure described at Serial No.2 below.
2. The application form can also be downloaded from our website: http://www.econdse.org. The relevant procedure is given in detail in the website: click on the ‘PROGRAMS’ link and follow the instructions there. The hard copy of the downloaded application form should be sent by post to the department and this must be accompanied by a demand draft of Rs.500/-(for General and other cateogry except SC/ST Category) for the M.A., M.Phil & Ph.D. entrance examinations. For SC/ST applicants, the relevant demand draft amount is Rs.300/-. The demand draft should be made from any nationalized bank and the draft should be prepared in favour of the Registrar, University of Delhi, and should be payable at Delhi.
3. Candidates seeking admission to the M.A., M. Phil and Ph.D in Economics at the University of Delhi must send their completed registration form to the Head, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi - 110 007. The last date for receiving the application form is 19th June 2009.
4. The Entrance Test for M.A , M. Phil. and Ph.D courses in Economics will be held on Saturday, 27th June 2009 at 10 a.m. in the Delhi School of Economics. The Test will be of 3 hours' duration. All candidates are advised to report to the Delhi School of Economics at 9.00 a.m. Allocation of centres will be displayed at the Delhi School of Economics. Then the candidates will proceed to their respective centres and report there at 9.15 a.m.
5. Candidates must fill out and detach the admission ticket from the registration form. The admission ticket is to be presented at the examination centre.
6. Downloaded application form from the website not supported by the required documents and not accompanied by a demand draft of Rs. 500/-(for General & other category except SC/ST Category) and Rs.300/- (for SC/ST Category) will not be entertained.
7. A short list of M. Phil./ Ph.D. candidates to be interviewed will be announced on July 6, 2009. The Interviews will be held on July 8, 2009 at 10 a.m.
Sale and Receipt of forms : Monday through Friday, Department office (Room no. 30, First Floor),from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Last date of submission 19th June, 2009
Demand Draft required
Rs. 500/-(for General & non SC/ST Category)
and Rs.300/- (for SC/ST Category) for M.A, M.Phil & Ph.D. Entrance Examination in favour of “The Registrar, University of Delhi” Payable at Delhi.
Date of Entrance Test Saturday, 27th June 2009 at 10.00 a.m. Reporting time 9.00 a.m.
Date of M.Phil/Ph.D. Interviews 8 July, 2009 at 10.00 a.m.
Department Office 27666395, 2766-7725 Extn. 1535 27666534-35 Extn.130
Fax : 91-11-2766-7159
Website : www.econdse.org
For more details, visit: www.econdse.org