Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110 067
URL : http://www.nii.res.in
Admission to Ph.D. Programme for the Academic Year 2009-2010
National Institute of Immunology (NII) invites applications for its Ph.D. programme. Cutting-edge research at the Institute encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas -
1) Chemical Biology
2) Genetics & Cell Signaling
3) Immunity & Infection
4) Molecular & Cellular Biology
5) Reproduction & Development
6) Structural & Computational Biology.
A. M.Sc. in any branch of Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics) or M.Tech. or M.B.B.S. or M.V.Sc. or M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, is required.
B. First Division or equivalent grade or at least 60% of aggregate scores in all major examinations from Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) onwards is required.
C. Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this year may also apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfillment of the above requirements.
D. Reservations are as per statutory norms.
Selection procedure :
A. Candidates fulfilling minimum requirements will be invited for a written qualifying test at their own Admiexpenses on February 15, 2009 at either of the following four centres - Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Pune. The Institute shall try to accommodate the choice of centers indicated by the candidate. However, in case of non-availability of a seat at the centers chosen by the candidate, the candidate shall be required to appear for the written qualifying test at the centre allotted by the Institute.
B. The written test is aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyse and reason. Therefore, the examination is General Aptitude Test & no separate syllabus is prescribed.
C. The results of the written test along with the details of the interviews shall be available on the website of the Institute as well as on the Notice Board of the Institute on February 20, 2009.
D. Interviews will be held at National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi from June 4-7, 2009. The Interviews will be held in two stages. The candidates will be short-listed for the final interview based on their performance in the first interview. Final interview will be held in the last two days.
E. The selected candidates would be paid second class train fare for joining the Ph.D. Programme on providing the proof of journey.
F. Candidates selected after the interviews will be enrolled for the Ph.D. programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi.
Ph.D. Programme :
A. The programme will start on 15th July, 2009.
B. The Institute will provide a Fellowship stipend of Rs.12000/14000/- per month depending on the degree qualifications.
C. Shared hostel accommodation will be available on request. The request for single occupancy shall be considered only after the completion of 3rd year subject to the availability of accommodation.
Application procedure :
A. Applications can be sent online (visit website www.nii.res.in) or should be TYPED/HAND WRITTEN IN CAPITAL LETTERS on A4-size plain paper in the format given below.
B. Items 3 and 6 in the format should be typed as shown in the Senior Secondary School Certificate or equivalent.
C. Each page of the application form should be SIGNED by the candidate.
D. Completed applications MUST BE accompanied with the crossed DEMAND DRAFT for Rs.100/- of 6 months validity in favour of 'Director, National Institute of Immunology', payable at Canara Bank, Jit Singh Marg, New Delhi. A Demand Draft for Rs.50/- is acceptable from SC/ST candidates, provided relevant documentary proof is enclosed. The drafts are not refundable.
E. Copies of the certificates or mark sheets SHOULD NOT BE enclosed with the application.
F. TWO recent passport size PHOTOGRAPHS should be enclosed. One of these should be signed by the candidate and pasted on the application form.
G. Two self-addressed stamped (Rs.5/-) envelopes of 10 cm x 22 cm should also be enclosed.
H. Applications and Demand Drafts should be sent to 'MANAGER (A&E), NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF IMMUNOLOGY, ARUNA ASAF ALI MARG, NEW DELHI-110067' so as to reach on or BEFORE December 8, 2008. 'Application for Ph.D. Admission-2009' should be mentioned on the envelop.
I. Incomplete applications in any respect will be summarily rejected & no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Applications received after the closing date will not be entertained on any ground including postal delays. The decisions of the Admission Committee will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
J. Applications must enclose : on-line submitted application/off-line application, documentary evidence for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer), if applicable, along with other specified enclosures.
Essential Information to be given in the application in the following order :
1. Two photographs (one signed and pasted on application form, other enclosed)
2. Details of Demand Draft : (i) Number (ii) Date of Issue (iii) Value in Rupees (iv) Bank Drawn on (any of the nationalized banks – payable at Canara Bank, Jit Singh Marg, New Delhi).
3. Name of the Applicant.
4. Name of Father or Mother.
5. Whether belonging to SC/ST/OBC (NCL).
6. Date of Birth.
8. Permanent Address.
9. Address for Correspondence.
10. Contact Telephone/Mobile Number, if any.
11. Contact Fax Number, if any.
12. Contact E.mail Address, if any.
13. Academic Record for each of the following examinations, (i) Senior Secondary (10+2) or equivalent, (ii) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, and (iii) Master's Degree or equivalent. Please give the following information (a) Name of the Examination (b) Subjects (c) University or Board (d) Year (e) Division or Class Obtained & (f) Aggregate percentage obtained.
14. Thesis Title and/or Research Publications, if any
15. Result of CSIR-UGC NET Examination, if appeared.
16. National Science Talent Scholarship, if awarded.
17. Examination Centres: Please write number 1 & 2 as per your choices of Centres in the Boxes given against the Centres as indicated – Bangalore , Delhi , Kolkata & Pune .
18. Declaration: I declare that the information furnished above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief, and that no related information is concealed. If any discrepancy is observed at any stage, NII will be free to cancel my
19. Signature of candidate
Click Here For Online Application Form
For more details, visit: www.nii.res.in