KISHORE VAIGYANIK PROTSAHAN YOJANA (KVPY) 2008
KVPY FELLOWSHIPS for school and college students interested in research careers
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, offers attractive fellowships (Rs.4000 to Rs.7000 p.m) and contingency grants (equivalent of four months Fellowships) to students studying in XI standard to B.Sc / Integrated M.Sc., and I/II year of B.E. / B.Tech / B.Arch / MBBS. Selection to the programme takes into account academic excellence and demonstrated interest in research. Selection is open to Indian nationals studying in India.
(1) BASIC SCIENCES
(a) Stream SA : Students enrolled in XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2008 – 2009 and who secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST) marks aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in X Standard Board Examination.
(b) Stream SB : Students enrolled in First Year B. Sc / Integrated M.Sc. during the academic year 2008 – 2009 and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks aggregate in Mathematics & Science subjects in XII Standard Board Examination.
(c) SB + 2 (SX) : “Students of Class 12 (+2) of the academic year 2008 - 2009 who are aspiring to join IISER for Integrated M.S programme for the session August 2009 may take the KVPY Aptitude Test for the SB Stream provided they secured a minimum of 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in X Standard Board Examination.
(d) Stream SP (Basic Sciences) : Students enrolled XI, XII Standard, I/II year of any UG programme in Basic Sciences during the academic year 2008-2009 and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in X Standard and XII Board Examinations. A hard copy of the Science based research project is required along with the application.
(a) Stream SP (Engineering) : Students joining First/Second year B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. during the academic year 2008-2009 and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in X and XII Standard Board Examinations. Students joining II year B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. must have passed with a minimum of 60% marks (50% for SC/ST) in the I year exam of B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. A hard copy of the Science /Engineering based research project is required along with the application.
(a) Stream SP (Medicine): Students joining First/Second professional year of MBBS programme during the academic year 2008-2009. Students must have passed the XII Standard Board Examination with 75% (65% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in Science subjects or passed First Professional MBBS exam with not less than 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks. A hard copy of the Bio-Medical project is required along with the application.
(1) Each Stream has its own application form. Students who wish to apply for more than one stream should submit separate applications.
(2) Applicants may apply either by Hard copy or Online. (www.iisc.ernet.in/kvpy).
(3) Application forms may be down loaded from the KVPY Website. Those who are unable to do so, may request for a Hard copy.
(4) Hard copy of the application form can be obtained from KVPY on request by sending a processing fee of Rs. 200/- (Rs. 100/- for SC/ST) by means of remitting Rs. 200 (Rs. 100/- for SC/ST) “to any core banking branches of STATE BANK OF INDIA, payable at all branches in India. Paid into the credit of Administrative Executive, KVPY A/c. No. 10270577392” and send the “pay-in-slip” along with the request, clearly indicating the stream (i.e.SA, SB, SP etc.,) on the request form.
(Applicants are instructed to down load the “pay-in-slip” from KVPY web site – www.iisc.ernet.in/kvpy )
(5) The SC/ST – candidates should provide a copy of the caste certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed proforma.
(6)The completed application form along with
I. Caste certificate in the case of SC/ST candidate
II. A copy of the project report in the case of SP
III. Original pay-in-slip of Rs. 200/- (Rs. 100/- for SC/ST)
IV. Copy of the marks statement of the qualifying examination for Stream SP should reach KVPY on or before 12/9/08.
(7) KVPY will not be responsible for postal delays in receiving the completed application form.
(8) Last date for receipt of the request of the application form:
By post 1st September 2008
In person at IISc 11th September 2008
(9) Last date for receipt of the completed application (both online/hard copy)
In person at IISc 12th September 2008
Aptitude Test for Stream SA/SB and SB+2(SX) on 2nd November 2008 Funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD 'PAY-IN-SLIP'
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore - 560 012
Fax: (080) - 2360 1215
Telephone: (080) 2360 1008, 2293 2975 / 76 (EPBX 20-27)
For More Details Please CLICK HERE