Personal Computing Software
Paper : BCA 1stYear
Time : 3 Hrs.
M. Marks : 90
Note : Attempt five questions in all. select one question each from Sections A-D. section E is compulsory.
Section - A
1. Explain the following terms :
(i) Hardware, software, firmware
(ii) Secondary storage devices
(iii) Interpreters and compilers
2. (a) Describe the disk organization
(b) Write the purpose and example of the DOS commands.
Section - B
3. (a) What are the features of the :
(i) Line editor
(ii) Screen editor?
(b) Why are the batch files with command line arguments ? Explain with any two examples.
4. (a) Discuss the help features of Windows Operating system.
(b) What all can be done using NOTEPAD in windows ?
Section - C
5. (a) Explain the formatting features of word processing package.
(b) Describe the following in word processing :
(i) Find and Replace
(ii) Setting up multiple columns in a document
6. (a) Explain the procedure to create multimedia presentations using a presentation package.
(b) What are the different views a presentation can have ? Explain briefly.
Section - D
7. (a) What type of data be entered in a worksheet cell ? Explain briefly.
(b) What is :
(i) Absolute and
(ii) Relative address in a spreadsheet ? Explain with relevant example.
8. Describe the following :
(i) FrontPage features
(ii) Internet services
(iii) Macros in spreadsheet
Section - E
9. Attempt all of the following:
(i) What is network topology ?
(ii) What happens when the system boots ?
(iii) What are nested batch files ?
(iv) How do you rename a file and a directory in Windows ?
(v) How page numbers can be given to a word document ?
(vi) Explain the spell check feature of word processing.
(vii) Why spreadsheet software is a 3 -in-1 package ?
(viii) What are the different types of charts that can be created using spreadsheet software ?
(ix) How Internet can be used for quality education ?