Department of Seed Science & Technology
Ph.D. Entrance Examination (Seed Science & Technology) : 2013
Departmental Committee has resolved the following points regarding the implementation of new Ph. D regulation in our department.
1. The Department has 4 vacancies (Unreserved – 3; Reserved – 1) for new Ph.D. students considering all our faculty members.
2. The Research Eligibility Test (RET) for our Ph. D Programme will be held on 1st April, 2013 at 2 p.m.
3. The RET will be of 50 marks in objective type test of 1 hr duration (Syllabus enclosed).
4. An interview will be held on 2nd April, 2013 at 1p.m.for RET qualified as well as NET/ GATE/ SET qualified candidates.
5. Successful candidates will be eligible to register for their Ph.D. in Department of Seed Science and Technology.
6. The following format has been fixed for the coursework of the enrolled candidates for Ph.D. programme after which they will be awarded with a completion certificate.
Course Work : one semester course work of 20 credits
Procedure and eligibility : The Ph.D. entrance test of 50 marks for the eligible candidates will be held twice (depending on the availability of candidate) in a year and the qualifying marks will be fixed at 40%. Candidates with at least 50% Marks obtained in M.Sc. (Ag.) in Seed Science & Technology ( or allied disciplines subject to endorsement by the concerned Ph.D. Committee) from any UGC recognized University are eligible to appear in the Examination. Those who have qualified NET/GATE/SET or already obtained M.Phil degree would be exempted from the examination. They may directly submit a statement of purpose or research brief and appear in the interview.
For more details, visit: www.caluniv.ac.in