Government of Punjab
Department of Welfare of SCs, BCs & Minorities
Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship Scheme For Minority Communities Students (2011 - 12)
Online applications are invited from students belonging to minority communities (Sikh, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist & Parsi) who are pursuing technical or professional courses under graduate / post graduate level in an institution in the Punjab region recognized by a appropriate authority for Merit-cum-Means based scholarship for the years 2011 - 12 for new and renewal cases on www.momascholarship.gov.in
* New: The students are applying first time for scholarship
** Renewal: The students who have been either benefitted under the scheme (Mention the year of renewal in which scholarship awarded first time)
1. Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination.
2. Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical/professional courses, without facing any competitive examination, will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly of merit.
3. A scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
4. The annual family income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh per annum from all sources.
5. A student residing in a particular State/UT will be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that State/UT only irrespective of his place of study.
Last Date: 10the September 2011 (For Fresh Applications)
31st December 2011 (For Renewal Applications)
For more details, visit: www.momascholarship.gov.in