Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2011
Applications are invited for KVPY Fellowships for school and college students interested in research careers
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, offers attractive fellowships (Rs.4000 to Rs.7000 p.m) and contingency grants (equivalent of four months Fellowships per annum) to students studying in XI standard to B.Sc / B.S / Integrated M.Sc./ B.V.Sc / B.E. / B.Pharm / B.Tech / B.Arch / MBBS / BDS Selection to the programme takes into account academic excellence and demonstrated interest in research. Selection is open to Indian nationals studying in India.
Stream SA : Students enrolled in XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2011 – 2012 and have secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in X Standard Board Examination.
Stream SX: Students enrolled in Class 12 (+2) during the academic year 2011 - 2012 and aspiring to join undergraduate programme in Basic Sciences (B.Sc / B.S / Int. M.Sc) for the session 2012-2013 provided they secured a minimum of 80% marks (70% for SC/ST) aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in X Standard Board Examination.
Stream SB : Students enrolled in First Year B. Sc / B.S/ Int M.Sc. during the academic year 2011 – 2012 and have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in Science subjects in the XII standard board examination.
Stream SP (Basic Sciences)*: Students enrolled in XI / XII standard, I/II year (B.Sc / B.S / Int M.Sc) in Basic Sciences, BE / B.Tech / B.Arch during the academic year 2011-2012 and have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in the X & XII standard board examinations. Additionally Students enrolled in the II year B.Sc / B.S / Int. M.Sc / BE / B.Tech / B.Arch program must have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in the 1 year examination. A hard copy of an original and creative science based research project must be submitted along with the application.
* Engineering students may also apply for the stream SP (Basic Sciences)
Stream SP (Medicine): Students enrolled in First/Second professional year of MBBS / BDS / B.V.Sc / B.Pharm programme during the academic year 2011-2012 and have secured 80% (70% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in Science subjects in the XII standard board examination. Students enrolled in the II professional year of MBBS/BDS/B.V.Sc/B.Pharm program must have secured 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in the 1 year examination. A hard copy of an original and creative Bio-Medical project must be submitted along with application.
(1) Each Stream has its own application form. Students who wish to apply for more than one stream should submit separate applications.
(2) Applicants may apply either by Hard copy or Online at www.kvpy.org.in
(3) Application forms may be downloaded from the KVPY Website. Those who are unable to do so, may request for a Hard copy.
(4) A Hard copy of the application form can be obtained from KVPY on request by sending a remitting a processing fee of Rs. 200/- (Rs. 100/- for SC/ST) at any core banking branches of STATE BANK OF INDIA, to credit of "Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahn Yojana (KVPY) A/c. No. 10270577392” the “pay-in-slip” should be sent along with the request, clearly indicating the stream (i.e. SA, SX, SB, SP)
(Applicants are instructed to download the “pay-in-slip” from KVPY web site – www.kvpy.org.in
*Girl students are exempted from payment of processing fee.
** Physically challenged candidates are also exempted from payment of the fee and should provide the certificate issued bu the competent authority
(5) The SC/ST – candidates should provide a copy of the caste certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed proforma.
(6) The completed application form along with the following should reach KVPY on or before 12/09/2011
I. Caste certificate in the case of SC/ST candidate
II. A copy of the project report in the case of stream SP
III. Original pay-in-slip of Rs. 200/- (Rs. 100/- for SC/ST)
IV. Copy of the marks statement of the qualifying examination for Stream SP only
V. Medical certificate from the prescribed authority in case of physically and visually challenged candidates.
(7) KVPY will not be responsible for postal delays in receiving the completed application form.
Last date for receipt of the request of the application form:
By post 2nd September 2011
In person at KVPY 9th September 2011
Last date for closing of online application: 9th September 2011
(8) Last date for receipt of the completed application (both online/hard copy)
By post and In person at KVPY, IISc, Bangalore - 12: 12th September 2011
Aptitude Test for Stream SA/SB and SX on 30th October 2011 Funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and Administrated by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore - 560012
For more details and to apply Online, visit: www.kvpy.org.in