Deemed University under section 3 of UGC Act 1956
Mesra, Ranchi – 835215
Admission Notice for The 2-Year (4-Semester) Full-Time MBA Programme 2010-2012
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra,
Birla Institute of Technology Extension Centres
Jaipur, Kolkata, Lalpur and Noida
Eligibility Criteria for the full-time MBA programme
1) Candidates must have appeared in CAT – 2009
2) In addition, candidates should have secured Verbal Percentile and Total Percentile which conform to the requirements prescribed in our relevant announcements, that is, they should have secured Verbal Percentile and Total Percentile which are at least equal to the cut-offs given in our notifications
3) Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India/AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education (10+2+3 system) after completing higher secondary schooling (Class 12 or equivalent).
4) Candidates of B.Sc. / B.A. / B. Com. Honours must have minimum 55% marks in average (45% for SC/ST) in their Honours subject. Candidates of BBA and other graduate courses must have minimum 55% marks in average (45% for SC/ST) in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in ALL subjects in which candidate has appeared (excluding optional subjects).
5) Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2010 can also apply, provided they have obtained 55% marks or equivalent (45% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) based on latest available grades / marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the programme provisionally. At the time of the counselling they must bring the following:
a) A certificate in original from the Principal of their Institute stating that by 30 June 2010, they will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining their Bachelor’s degree.
b) A certificate in original from the Principal certifying that they have obtained 55% marks or equivalent (45% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) based on latest available grades / marks. Marks to be calculated as per item (4) above. Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor's degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (4) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by 31 October 2010. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional
6) Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) they acquired such qualifications as working professionals / while in employment, (b) the programmes are recognized by the DECIGNOU, (c) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum 55% marks in average (45% for SC/ST) calculated as per item (4) above. They must enclose photocopies of (i) work experience certificate
(ii) pass certificate and marksheets of qualifying examination with their application
How to Apply:
1. To apply for the programme, eligible candidates must complete the online application form on Institute website and send a printout of the completed form along with two recent colour photographs (one pasted on the form and one attached by clip to the form), photocopies of all marksheets and certificates (see List of Enclosures), and a crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 1,200/- in favour of Birla Institute of Technology, payable at Ranchi, in a stout A4 size envelope by Speedpost / Registered Post / reliable courier to the office of Dean Admissions, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215 positively by the due date. Write “Application for MBA 2010 on top of the envelope”.
2. You can use the Online Application Form to apply for the MBA programme of the Institute at any 1 or any 2 or any 3 or any 4 or all 5 choices of Place for Study (Centre), by clicking the appropriate check box against the names of the Centres. However, you must select ALL your choices before you submit the form online and print the same, so that all your choices will be saved in the database. Please do not make any corrections or add any Choices of Centre by hand on the printout of the form, as these will not be saved to the database. However, you may enter the DD details by hand on the printout, if the same have not been entered online.
3. Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted.
4. Incomplete applications or applications received without all required enclosures are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
5. Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
6. Candidates should keep photocopies of their completed forms for their own reference
7. Although the Institute will use scores in CAT- 2009 to shortlist candidates for its two-year full time Post-Graduate Programme in Management, the IIM’s have no role in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme
Filling of online form commences from 9 am on 5 April 2010
Filling of online form closes at 4 pm on 5 May 2010
Last date for receipt of printouts of duly completed online forms + Demand Drafts: 7 May 2010
Counselling schedules to be displayed by 13 May 2010
Tentative dates of counselling 20 to 23 May 2010
For more details, visit: www.bitmesra.ac.in