BARADARI GARDEN, PATIALA-147001
The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Applications from eligible Candidates for recruitment to One Hundred Forty Three posts to be filled through
PUNJAB STATE CIVIL SERVICES COMBINED COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION 2009
Note:- This advertisement is being published as per the requisitions received from the Departments concerned and the duly notified rules & is subject to modifications, if any, made by the Government, for the following services.
Sr. No. -- Name of post -- No. of posts
1. Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch) 38
2. Deputy Superintendent of Police 18
3. Excise & Taxation Officer 37
4. Tehsildar 06
5. Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer 05
6. Block Development & Panchayat Officer 15
7. Assistant Registrar Co-operative Societies 08
8. Labour and Reconciliation Officer 03
9. Employment Generation and Training Officer 13
2. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS : -
1. The candidate should possess a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution approved by the Govt of India. However the candidate may be permitted to take the preliminary examinations while studying for his degree. The candidate shall be required to produce proof of passing the degree course for being eligible to take the final examination during that year.
2. Punjabi passed in Matric Standard or its equivalent as on last date of receipt of applications i.e. 28-12-2009.
3. Age shall be 21-35 years with relaxation for reserved categories as per Govt. Instructions mentioned below:-
(i) Provided that in the case of Punjab Police Service, a candidate should have attained the minimum age of twenty-one years and should not have attained the age of twenty-eight years as on 1-1-2009.
(ii) However in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab the age is relaxable upto 5 years as per Punjab Government Instructions including the Punjab Police Service.
(iii) The upper age limit for a Punjab Government employee, including that of a court, who has not less than four years continuous service under the Government, will be relaxable up to 45 years.
3. LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:- 28-12-2009
Important Note:- Candidates can submit their applications only on the OMR Sheet provided with "The Information Brochure", available at the Reception Counter of the Commission during Office hours on working days. The Cost of "Information Brochure" is Rs. 500/- (including OMR Sheet and Syllabus.)
The applicants can also see the detailed information on website www.ppsc.gov.in
For more details, visit: www.ppsc.gov.in