Notice for Admission to Ph. D. Program January 2010
Applications are invited for the Ph. D. program scheduled to commence from January 2010 in the following areas of basic sciences:
1. Biological/Life Sciences
2. Chemical Sciences
3. Mathematical Sciences
4. Physical Sciences
How to Apply/ Application Deadline
The application form can be downloaded from www.iiserpune.ac.in. Candidates intending to apply to more than one program/Department should use separate application forms for each program/ Department.
• Fill the application form completely. Incomplete application forms will be rejected. The application form can either be typed or hand written.
• Attested copies of all supporting documents (mark sheets, certificates, age proof, caste certificate, etc.) are to be brought in at the time of the interview. DO NOT attach any supporting documents with your application.
• Please DO NOT Send recommendations along with the application. Please carry one recommendation letter with you during the time of interviews or ask your referee to post it to the mailing address. For the Mathematics program, IISER will get in touch with your referees (as listed in your Math application form).
• E-mail or Post the completed application to the correct address (see below). If you are e-mailing the form, please do so in Adobe PDF format.
• The last date for receipt of completed applications is Nov 2, 2009.
Completed application forms can be e-mailed to the following ID’s. Please write
“Ph.D program in _________ Sciences” in the subject line.
If applying by post, candidates should write “Ph. D. in -----------------------------
Sciences” on the top of the envelope and mail it to the following address:
Ph. D. Program
(Indicate whether Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics)
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research,
1st Floor, Central Tower, Sai Trinity Building,
Garware Circle, Sutarwadi,
Pashan, Pune–411 021
For more details, visit: www.iiserpune.ac.in