PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH
ADMISSION TO M.PHIL COURSE FOR THE SESSION 2009-2010.
Results for M.Phil./Ph.D.Entrance Test has been declared on 13.8.2009. Last date for receipt of Application Form in respective Departments on prescribed Application Form, which can be down loaded from P.U. website forms.puchd.ac.in : 7.9.2009 up to 5.00 p.m.
Without late fee Upto 15.9.2009
Late admission to be allowed by the Chairperson of the Department with Late fee of Rs.250/- 16.9.2009 to 22.9.2009
Late admission with the permission of the V.C. with late fee of Rs. 1300/- 23.9.2009 to 25.9.2009
1. Candidates who have qualified in M.Phil./Ph.D. Entrance Test-2009 shall be admitted strictly in accordance with the rules available at pages 323-327 of the P.U. Cal. Vol. III, 2007;
2. Candidates who have qualified in UGC-NET fall in two categories:
(a) UGC/NET JRF;
Under Rule 5 at page 325 of the P.U. Cal. Vol. III, 2007, the candidates, who have passed UGC NET JRF shall be eligible to join only the Ph.D. Course and not M.Phil. Course;
(b) Candidates who have passed UGC NET, but have not qualified JRF shall be admitted only in Ph.D. Programme subject to fulfillment of other conditions including the merit position and shall not be eligible for admission to M.Phil. Course because both UGC NET and M.Phil. are the minimum eligibility qualifying criteria for appointment of a candidate as Lecturer in
Universities/Colleges. Thus, their admission to M.Phil. Course shall not serve any purpose.
Interview schedule will be decided by the Board of Control of respective departments strictly as per schedule stated above.
Regular classes will begin by 16.9.2009.
Application Form must be accompanied by copies of :
1. UGC- NET/ JRF or M.Phil/Ph.D. Entrance Test-2009 result card (in case of those students who have not received the result card of M.Phil/ Ph.D. Entrance Test-2009 of P.U., they may submit their application form on the basis of their result on the P.U. website).
2. Detailed Marks Card of Master’s level examinations
3. Character Certificate from the Institution last attended
4. Gap year certificate/ Affidavit where required (An affidavit duly attested by the Magistrate Ist Class /Notary that He/She was not involved in any offence/unlawful activities during the gap years).
5. Two self attested photographs.
Note: Regarding Ph.D enrolment, applicants may contact the Chairperson of the concerned department.
For more details, visit: www.puchd.ac.in