Registration for Ph.D. Admission 2009
Applications are invited or Full Time / Part Time Ph.D Programme in the following departments of the institute:
1. Applied Mechanics : Design & Analysis of machine components, Engg. Materials, Design and analysis of structure
2. Architecture : Architecture, housing, Urban Design, Urban Planning, Rural Planning, Regional Planning, Community Planning, Climate Charge impacts, Water Resources, Energy infrastructure development modeling & GIS, risk management, Application of artificial intelligence in Arch. & Planning.
3. Chemistry : Surface Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Material Science, National Products, Electro Chemistry.
4. Civil & Chemical : Areas – Hydro, Environmental, Remote Sensing & GIS, Transportation & Structure, Environmental Engg.
5. Computer Application : Cryptography, Data/Image Compression, Data warehousing/Mining, Software Engg., Networking, wereless application. Grid Computing
6. Electrical Engineering : Areas – Power Electronics & Elect. Drives, Power quality improvement, Distribution Automation, Application of facts in power system, Renewable Energy, Instrumentation & Control Engg., Power System planning & control.
7. Electronics & Communication : Areas – Microwave & Millimeters wave Energy, Communication Engg., VLSI & Embedded System, Image Processing, DSP, Optical Communication.
8. Maths & Bioinformatics Department : - Computational Models in Bioinformatics, Computational Models in Data Mining, Biomathematics, Bio-computing, Finite Element Modeling computational biology, Statistics, Fracture Mechanics, Integral Transforms, Financial Mathematics, Agro bioinformatics, Medical informatics, Cheminformatics
9. Mechanical & Production/Industrial : Industrial Engg. & Management, Material Management, Production Engg., Engineering Materials & Manufacturing process, Machine Design, Computer aided machine design, I.C. Engines, Air conditioning, Energy, Solar Thermal, Wind Energy.
10. Physics : Electrets, Luminescence, Amorphous smiconductors.
11. Energy Centre : Non conventional Energy.
12. Remote Sensing & GIS : Remote sensing & GIS in urban and regional planning, infrastructure planning, Transportation planning, Disaster management, environmental planning, data mining, satellite data correction, GPS
13. Management study : Marketing, Public System, Strategy, Operations and Finance.
Master Degree in relevant field of research and should have passed in atleast second class with minimum of 55% marks (CGPA 6.0) or equivalent from a recognized university, Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates as per G.O.I. norms. Attach copy of cost certificate issued by competent authority.
Application Form: Completed Application on the prescribed form will be accepted. The application form can be downloaded from the Institute website www.manit.ac.in
It can also be collected in person from MANIT, Bhopal by paying Rs. 50/- through A/c payee Bank Draft/IPO in favour of "MANIT Bhopal" or through Post by sending a self addressed A4 size envelope with A/c Payee Bank draft of Rs. 50/- in favour of "MANIT Bhopal"
Last date of submission of completed applications: 25th August, 2009
For more details, visit: www.manit.ac.in