Admission Notification 2009 - 2010
The H.N.B Grahwal University has now been upgraded as a central University w.e.f 15th January 09 by Central Universities Act, 2009. It has two other teaching campuses at Pauri and Tehri Garhwal. It is a residential cum affiliating institution of higher learning with more than 180 affiliated colleges and is considered to be among the top ten large Universities in the country.
The University invites application from the candidates for admission in to following Post Graduate and Diploma Courses for the academic year 2009-10
A. Through Entrance Tests conducted by the University: Integrated 5 year M.Sc Biotechnology, 2 year courses in M.Sc Microbiology, M.Sc Environmental Science, M.Sc Remote Sensing and GIS Application, MA Mass Communication, MA Yoga and Alternative Therapies, Master of Social Work (MSW), LLM, B.P.Ed (1 year), LLB (6 Semester) and BHM & CT (8 Semester)
B. Through Counseling Based on Merit In All India Admission Tests: MBA and MBA Tourism based on MAT score, B.Pharm and MCA Based on UKSEE Score, B. Tech based on AIEEE Score and M.Sc Biotechnology on JNU-DBT Score.
(1) For information regarding syllabii of entrance examination, eligibility, age, nature of courses (general or self finance) candidates may visit the university website www.uttara.in/hnbgu
(2) The University reserves the right not to run a course. Mere appearance at the entrance exam does not entitle a candidate for admission in to course unless stipulated conditions are satisfied.
(3) Reservation & Relaxation will be applicable as per Government of India and UGC rules.
(4) Entrance Examination will be held at Srinagar (Garhwal), Dehradun and Delhi. The University reserves rights to cancel any of the centers and allot nearer centre for applicants of the centre cancelled.
(5) Cost of Application Forms: Rs. 500/- for General Candidates & Rs. 300/ for SC/ST
Application Forms with Information Brochure can be obtained in person from University cash counter, HNB Garhwal University, Srinagar Garhwal and University Sub Office, Bindal Bridge, Dehradun, Uttarakhand against cash payment or by sending a crossed demand draft drawn on any Nationalised Bank in favour of Finance Officer, HNB, Garhwal University, Srinagar (Garhwal) - 246 174 (Branch Code 10583)
Request for all the application forms by post should be made along with a (30*25 cm) self addressed stamped envelope bearing postage stamp of Rs. 30/- for Registered Post/Speed Post. The application forms can also be downloaded from the University website www.uttara.in/hnbgu. Dully filled in such application sent enclosing a DD of Rs. 500 & Rs. 300 application can be sent enclosing a DD of Rs. 500 & Rs. 300 Cheques / Money Orders / Postal Orders shall not be accepted for the purpose. Incomplete application and forms received after the last date will be rejected. Dully completed application should be sent to:
Dean Student Welfare (DSW)
H.N.B Garhwal University (Garhwal)
246 174, Uttarakhand
Commencement of counter sale of application forms: 15th June, 2009
Last date of submission of Application Forms: 11th July 2009
Date of Entrance Exam for Category A: 26th July, 2009
Counseling date for B Category: to be intimated by the respective departments
Contact No. 01346-252210, 252175/ 0135-2625694