Admission Notice For The Academic Year 2009-10
Applications are invited to the first year of the following courses at Punjabi University Campus, Paitala; Punjabi University Regional Centre for Information Technology And Management, Mohali; Punjabi University Regional Centre, Bathinda; Punjabi University Guru Khasi Campus, Talwani Sabo; Nawab, Sher University Khan Institute of Advanced Studies in Urdu and Arabic, Malerkotla; Baba Dhyan Dass Neighbourhood Campus, Jhunir; Punjabi University Neighbourhood Campus, Sardoolgarh; Punjabi University Neighbourhood Campus, Karandi (Mansa); Punjabi University Neighbourhood Campus Akali Phulla Singh, Dehla Seehan (Sangrur); Punjabi University Neighbourhood Campus, Dera Baba Jogipur, Ralla (Mansa); Punjbai University Campus, Maur (Bathinda), Punjabi University Neighbourhood Campus, Jaito and Punjabi university Neighbourhood Campus, Rampura Phul.
(1) MASTER OF ARTS: Anthropological Linguistics, English, Hindi, Punjabi, Honours in Punjabi, Urdu, Sanskrit, Persian, Economics, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology Work, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Sikh Studies, Defence & Strategic Studies, Theater & Television, Fine Arts, Education, Music (Vocational/Instrumental), Gurmat Sangeet, Indian Dances, Journalism & Mass Communication and library & Information Science, Buddhist Stidies.
(2) MASTER OF SCIENCE (M.Sc): Physics, Applied Physics, Astronomy & Space Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Forensic Science, Botany, Biotechnology, Microbiology & Food Technology, Zoology, Human Biology, Sports Science, Psychology and Geography.
(3) OTHER MASTER COURSE: M.P.Ed, M.Com, Master of Finance & Control (MFC) & Master Of Business Economics (MBE).
(4) BACHELOR COURSES: Bachelor of Library & Information Science, B.Sc (Computer Science, Statistics and Mathematics) B.Sc (Honours School) In Economics, BA (Honours School) in Punjabi, BA (Honours) In Dance, Honours In Gurmat Sangeet and Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA COURSES: Counseling Psychology, Mass Media Research, Space Science, Bioinformatics, Computer Applications, Human Consciousness & Yoga Science, Audio- Visual Production, and Punjabi Journalism, Human Rights and Duties.
DIPLOMA COURSES: German, French, Chinese, Russian, Sanskrit & Pali, Urdu, Persian Arabic , Punjabi As a Foreign/Second Language, and Punjabi Praveshika, Sikh Studies.
CERTIFICATE COURSES: Certificate Course in Computer Application (CCA), Spanish, Chinese, German, French, Russian, Urdu, and Urdu, Arabic & Persian, Sikh Studies
(a) Admission on the basis of State Level Entrance Test: B.Ed, LLB (3 Years), LLB Evening (3 Years), BA. LLB (5 Years), MBA (2 Years) & MCA (3 Years)
(b) Admission on Basis of University Level Entrance Test: Bachelor Of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, M.Tech and M.Ed
(c) Admission without Entrance Test: B.Tech, 6 Years Integrated (CE, ECE, ME), B.Tech Television, Film Production & Media Technology, LLM, MBA 5 Years Integrated, Master of Pharmacy, M.Tech, 2 Years Regular / 3 Years Part Time at YCoE, Talwandi Sabo.
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ADMISSION FORMS:
(a) All General Courses and Professional Courses:- 26.06.2009
(Without Entrance Test)
M.Tech, Yadavindra College of Engineering, Talwandi Sabo:- 09.07.2009
(b)All Professional Courses (University Entrance Test Based)
B. Pharm/B.P.T:- 26.06.2009
(c) All Professional Courses (State Level Entrance Test Based):- within 3 days from the date of counseling/Admission.
(1) For Schedule and Entrance test related details, please Refer to the Prospectus / University website.
(2) Admission form along with the requisite certificates must reach the head of the concerned Departments/Coordinator as per schedule and instructions in the Handbook Information.
(3) A candidate who has qualifying examination or his/her result is still awaited may apply and can submit his/her admission form in his respective department at his own risk and responsibility and he/she the will required to submit the proof of result at the time of Interview.
There are separate handbooks of information for Professional & General Courses. Handbook will be available w.e.f from 08.06.2009 and can be obtained from the University Enquiry and Information Centre, Punjabi University, Pataila on Payment of Rs. 600/- in cash at the counter or through post by sending a Demand Draft for Rs. 600/- in favour of Registrar, Punjabi University, Patiala Payable at Patiala along with self - addressed Envelope 10" * 12" stamped with Rs. 60/- postage charges.
Handbook of Information can also be obtained from University Regional Centres / Neighbourhood Campus situated Bathinda, Talwandi Sabo, Rampura Phul and Mohali.
Handbook of Information and application forms etc. can also be downloaded from the university website (www.punjabiuniversity.ac.in). Candidates can apply on these forms. However in this case they will have to deposit Rs. 600/- along with the admission forms. Otherwise the admission forms will not be entertained.