Office of the Registrar
Applications are invited for admission to the following degree programes offered in the UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES, DHARWAD for the academic year 2009-10.
1. Undergraduate degree programmes offered and eligibility :
B.Sc (Agri) / B.Sc (Forestry)/ B.Sc (Ag.Marketing & Co-op)/ B.H.Sc
Eligibility: Should have passed two year PUC Science examination of the Karnataka Pre- University Board or an equivalent examination with the combination of PCB with Mathematics or any science subjects or Inter-Agriculture subject.
The candidates need not appear for CET examination. Merit for admission is based on PCB marks. Merit for Agriculturists quota is based on 50% marks of PCB and 50% of Practical Test marks.
2. Reservation of seats : Excluding the All India Quota under ICAR, New Delhi, reservation of seats for various categories will be made in accordance with the existing reservation policy of Govt. of Karnataka. Provision is also made for admission to the Kashmiri Migrants. There is also provision to admit Foreign Nationals / NRIs / Children of NRIs on payment of prescribed Institutional Economic Fee.
3. Application and Prospectus : For all Undergraduate Degree Programmes, candidates may submit only one application. Application and prospectus can be downloaded from the University Web Site www.uasd.edu. The application may also be obtained in person from this office and constituent Colleges of this University at Bijapur and Sirsi on payment of application fees. To obtain by post, a self addressed envelope of 23 cms x 15 cms, affixing postage stamps of Rs.30-00 should be sent to THE REGISTRAR, UAS, DHARWAD – 580005 along with application fee in the form of Demand Draft.
4. Application Fee :
SC/ST/Cat-I Rs.175/- (on production of a copy of valid caste certificate)
DD in favour of The Comptroller, UAS, Dharwad payable at Dharwad
DD should be purchased on or after the date of publication of this Notification. Candidates who download application and prospectus from the University Web Site should send application along with DD as mentioned above.
Last date for issue & receipt of filled in application forms 02.06.2009 upto 4.00 PM
Percentage in II PUC in PCB only
10.06.2009 More than 55%
11.06.2009 45 to 54.99%
12.06.2009 Less than 45%
Practical Test Children of Agriculturists 19.06.2009
Commencement of Semester 06.07.2009
* No separate intimation will be sent on the date of counseling and practical test
5. Prescribed fee for First Semester for all Degree Programmes :
Other Categories - 2A,2B,3A,3B (whose parents annual income is less than Rs.11,000/-) Rs.5980/-
Duly filled in application form along with necessary documents should be sent directly to THE REGISTRAR, UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES, KRISHINAGAR, DHARWAD – 580005 before the last date. Late and incomplete applications are liable to be rejected. The admission is governed by Government Orders / UAS Act / Statutes and Regulations issued from time to time. The University will not be responsible for any postal delay.
For details and conditions refer prospectus-2009 visit: www.uasd.edu