Joint Entrance Test - 2009
For Admission To Diploma Courses
The Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training is an autonomous body created under the Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training Act, 1992. The Board conducts Joint Entrance Test (JET) for admissions to various diploma courses being run in the institutions affiliated to the Board. This year the test will be conducted on 30th May, 2009(Saturday).
Courses Offered: Architectural Assistantship, Civil Engg., Chemical Engg., Computer Engg., Electrical Engg., Electronics & Communication Engg., Micro Processors Applications, Electronics & Telecommunications Engg., Fashion Design, Leather Technology (Footwear), Government Technology (Garment Manufacturing Technology), Information Technology, Production & Industrial Engg., Leather Technology, Library and Information Science, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engg. (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning), Medical Lab Technology, Plastic Technology, Textile Technology (Knitting), Textile Technology (Weaving & Spinning), Textile Design, Textile Processing, Automobile Engg, Mechanical Engg. (Tool & Die)
All the above mentioned courses are professional / job oriented diploma level courses. The diploma holders are generally absorbed at the supervisory level in the industry.
The students who are successfully complete the diploma level course are also eligible for admission to 2nd year B.Tech Courses in the Engineering Colleges through Lateral Entry Engineering (LEET)
Eligibility Criteria: The test shall be open to candidates who have passed the Matriculation or equivalent examination in Mathematics, Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) and English, provided that a candidate who has appeared for the qualifying examination but whose result has not been declared shall be admitted provisionally to the Joint Entrance Test but his/her candidature shall be cancelled if he/she fails to qualify in the examination or fails to produce the proof of his having qualified at the time of counselling. Such candidates will have no claim, whatsoever, with regard to the admission to any course.
How To Apply:
Cost of prospectus-cum-Application form
At the Counter of the office of the Board or designated branches of Punjab National Bank or Institutions Rs. 250/-
By Post with demand draft (to be received at the office of the Board atleast 10 days before the closing date) Rs. 300/-
Fee - to be submitted along with JET Application Form
All candidates (other than SC/ST) Rs. 520/-
Scheduled Castes and ST Candidates only Rs. 260/-
Note : If the application is being sent to the Board by post, Fee should be sent through Bank Draft in favour of "Secretary, Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training" payable at "Chandigarh", However if the Application Form is submitted in the designated banks then the applicant should deposit the same in the form of cash and obtain proper receipt. Candidates are advised to deposit the Application Form preferably at the Banks.
Last date of receipt of application form 25th April, 2009 (12.00 noon)
List of Institutions Only For Sale of Prospectus
1. Adesh Polytechnic College, Muktsar
2. S.B.S. Polytechnic College, Patti
3. GTB Kh. Polytechnic College, Chhapianwali, Malout
4. L.L.R.M. Polytechnic College, Ajitwal
5. B.I.S. Polytechnic College, Kot-Ise-Khan
6. Sai Polytechnic College, Badhani, Pathankot
7. SBCMS Polytechnic College, Attalagarh, Mukerian
8. Doaba Polytechnic College, Raipur
9. Aman Bhalla Poly. College, Kotli, Pathankot
10. Sant Kabir Polytechnic College, Fazilka
11. G.G.S. Polytechnic College, Talwandi Sabo
12. Malwa Polytechnic College, Faridkot
13. Lord Krishna Polytechnic College, Kapurthala
14. Desh Bhagat Singh Poly. College, Dhuri
15. Y.R.S. Polytechnic College, Moga
16. Longowal College of Ph'cy, Derabassi
17. RIMT Poly., Mandi Gobindgarh
18. Bhai Gurdas Polytechnic, Sangrur
19. Saint M Muni Ji Borewala Polytechnic College, Mansa
20. Abohar Polytechnic College, Abohar
21. Universal Polytechnic College, Borewala, Budlada
22. Jiwan Jyoti Polytechnic College, Jalalabad
23. Saraswati Polytechnic College, Malout Road, Bathinda
24. Regional Polytechnic College, Malout Road, Bathinda
25. Sai Polytechnic College, Amritsar
26. Satyam Polytechnic College, Ram Tirath, Amritsar
27. CT Polytechnic College, Shahpur, Jalandhar.
Click here for List of Bank Branches
Candidates are advised to deposit the completed Application Forms in the designated Bank branches by paying examination fee + Rs. 20/- in cash and obtain acknowledgment slip.
Click here to download JET Syllabus & JET Model Test Papers
For Prospectus & Other details visit: www.punjabteched.net/jet/PROSPECTUS/contents.htm
For more details, visit: www.punjabteched.com