(University with Potential for Excellence)
I. APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR ADMISSION TO THE FOLLOWING COURSES OFFERED BY THE SCHOOLS OF THE UNIVERSITY FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2009-10.
1. M.Sc. Microbial Gene Technology - (2 years)
2. M.Sc. Biochemical Technology - (2 years)
3. M.Sc. Genomics - (2 years)
4. M.Sc. Sub -Aqua Marine Ecology & Toxicogenomics - (2 years)
5. M.Sc. Electronics and Instrumentation - (2 years)
6. M.B.A - Master of Business Administration - (2 years)
7. M.B.A - Hospital Administration - (2 years)
8. Post M.Sc. Advanced Diploma Course in Plant Genetic Engineering - (1 year)
9. M.C.A - Master of Computer Applications - (3 years)
1) M.Sc., Microbial Gene Technology (M.Sc.,MGT)
A first class degree in science courses where Biological Sciences – Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Microbial Technology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics, etc, is either a Major or an Ancillary subject. Students from professional courses such as MBBS, BVSc, BDS, B.Pharm, B.Sc.,Agriculture and related subjects from a recognized Indian or Foreign Univesity are also eligible.
2) M.Sc., Biochemical Technology (M.Sc.,BCT)
A pass in B.Sc. degree (55% marks in Part III) in Biochemistry/Biotechnology/ Nutrition and Dietetics/ Microbiology/ Biology/ Botany/ Zoology/ Chemistry / Medical Laboratory Technology/Triple major with Biochemistry and allied subjects.
3) M.Sc., Genomics
A Bachelor's degree in Science (55% marks in Part – III) in any branch of Life Sciences – Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biotechnology, or equivalent- Physics, Chemistry, Medicine, Veterinary Sciences and Agriculture from any recognized Indian or Foreign University. Students with B.Tech. Degrees in Biotechnology, Computer Science, Information Technology and Bioinformatics, with Biology at +2 level are also qualified to apply.
Note: A minimum of 40% seats will be allocated to candidates from out side Tamilnadu State (Residence and Institution)
4) M.Sc.Sub-Aqua Marine Ecology & Toxicogenomics (SAM& TG)
Candidates with a Bachelor's Degree in any branch of Life Sciences-Biology/ Biochemistry/ Botany/ Zoology/ Marine Biology/ Microbiology/ Bio-technology) of a recognized Indian or Foreign University are eligible. Candidates should have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the subject (Part III).
5) M.Sc. Electronics & Instrumentation
A pass in B.Sc.-Physics, Electronics, Applied Science, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation or Computer Science or any other B.Sc, degree with Physics or Electronics as ancillary subject with a minimum of 50% marks in Part III.
6) M.B.A - Master of Business Administration
A pass in any degree
7) M.B.A. Hospital Administration
A pass in any degree
8) Post M.Sc. Advaned Diploma Course in Plant Genetic Engineering (ADCPGE)
A first Class (60% and above) M.Sc. Degree in Biology/ Botany/ Zoology/ Bio-chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Microbiology/ Life Sciences/ Agriculture or other related M.Sc. Courses (Minimum marks for SC/ST candidates is 50%)
9) M.C.A - Master of Computer Applications
a) Graduate in any discipline with Mathematics as compulsory subject at 10+2 level
b) Graduate in Computer Science / Computer Applications / Software / IT
The graduates with (a) or (b) should have 55% of total marks in Part III.
The candidates who have not studied Mathematics in +2 level but having studied the subjects:
(i) Business Mathematics
(ii) Business Mathematics & Operational Research
(iii) Operations Research
(iv) Business Mathematics and Statistics
(v) Numerical Methods and Mathematics only at graduate level are not eligible to apply.
For SC/ST candidates a pass in the above disciplines is the required minimum.
Prospectus and Applications downloaded available from 11.01.2009
Last date for submitting filled-in application 13.02.2009
Date of Entrance Test 14.03.2009 & 15.03.2009
Prospectus and application can be downloaded from the followingwebsites:
1. M.Sc. Microbial Gene Technology:
2. M.Sc. Biochemical Technology:
3. M.Sc. Genomics:
4. M.Sc. Sub-Aqua Marine Ecology & Toxicogenomics:
5. M.Sc. Electronics & Instrumentation:
6. M.B.A–Master of Business Administration:
7. M.B.A. (Hospital Administration):
8. Post M.Sc. Advanced Diploma Course in Plant Genetic Engineering:
9. Master of Computer Applications:
Xerox Copies of downloaded applications may also be used.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PROSPERCTUS (How To Apply, Test Centres, etc.)
For more details, visit: http://www.mkuniversity.org/