Dr. Marri Channa Reddy Human Resource Development,
Institute Of Andhra Pradesh,
Road No.25, Jubilee Hills,
Hyderabad - 500 033
18th December 2008
Bharat Operating System Solutions
BOSS Linux is an Indian distribution of GNU/Linux derived from Debian, the Universal Operating System for enhancing the use of Free/Open source software in the country. Its development is done by targetting its usage in the Indian Government Environment, thus are the features : It consists of a user friendly desktop environment, office application software suite - BharateeyaOO in Indian Languages, Internet access software ( e.g. Web browser, Mail Client, chat etc.), Bulk Documnet converter and multimedia applications. Currently BOSS GNU/Linux Desktop is available in 18 Indian Languages such as Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Bodo, Urdu, Kashmiri, Maithili, Konkani and Manipuri.
Advantages of using the BOSS GNU/Linux:
1. BOSS is freely available to use, copy, modify or redistribute. Thus, one can reduce the Licensing Costs.
2. BOSS is more secured in terms of virus, spyware, adware. If necessary, Anti-Virus , Anti-Spyware are freely available for installation through BOSS Website.
3. Indian Languages support.
4. Migration tool to convert your documents from windows supported format to Linux supported format, which ensures that your documents are safe even after migration from Windows to Linux Environment.
5. Auto Detection of Plug and play devices. Auto mounting of other partitions, so that one can access your windows data or any other Operating System data from BOSS.... and many more waiting for you to use them.
6. There are support centres available across the coutry to provide support to the Government organisations.
For Details CLICK HERE
For more details, visit: www.cdachyd.in