INSTITUTIONAL COUNSELLING AT N.I.T. KURUKSHETRA 2008-09
The Institutional Counselling for the remaining vacant seats and two seats for the wards/dependants of defence/paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peace time operations (DS category) shall be filled on 25th August, 2008 strictly on the basis of AIEEE- 2008 eligible ranks.
No. of Seats: 54 Seats are vacant as on 18.08.2008. If some more seats fall vacant, the same shall also be filled up. Most of the seats are vacant in 1. Industrial Engineering & Management (IEM) 2. Civil Engineering branches
The position of vacant seats as on August 22, 2008 shall be displayed on the Institute web site on that day.
1. The candidates are required to come for counselling with complete application form which can be downloaded from the Institute web site with counselling fee of Rs. 1000/- (to be paid in cash) for OPEN, OB & DS category candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST candidates. The fee is non-refundable. The candidates have to submit the application forms and counselling fee in cash upto 11.00 am for reserved category (DS, SC, ST & OBC) and upto 12.00 noon for General Category on 25th August, 2008 in Jubilee Hall of the Institute. It is mandatory for all the candidates to appear in person at the time of counselling.
2. From 11.00 am to 11.30 am only wards/dependants of defence/paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peace operations (DS category) shall be considered for admission. From 11.30 am to 12.00 Noon only reserved category seats i.e. SC, ST, SCPH, ST, OBC & OPPH shall be considered for admission, if any.
3. For the open category seats, the counselling will start at 1.00 pm and will continue till all the seats are filled up and waiting list may also be prepared.
4. The candidates are to see that they are eligible for central counselling as per AIEEE Score Card.
5. The candidates are to bring with them the following documents in original and a set of attested copies of the same:
(i) Admit Card of AIEEE - 2008
(ii) AIR Card issued by CBSE, indicating the rank in AIEEE - 2008 of eligible candidates
(iii) Declaration Form for OBC candidates
(iv) Certificate of Qualifying Examination
(v) Marks sheet of Qualifying Examination
(vi) Certificate of Category (OBC/SC/ST/DS if applicable, issued by the competent authority
(vii) Proof of Age (10th /10+2 certificate)
(viii) Certificate for Physically Challenged (PH)
(ix) Four photographs identical to the one pasted on AIEEE-2008 application form
(x) If admitted, the candidates will be required to deposit Fee in cash or through Demand Draft in favour of Director, NIT, Kurukshetra Rs. 40,750/- (including Hostel fee) or Rs. 32,750/- (without Hostel) at the time of admission. No concession for depositing late fee would be allowed.
(xi) Wards/dependants of defence/paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peace time operations (DS category) are required to bring with them the relevant certificate in original issued by a competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi of in Ministry of Human Affairs, Govt. of India at the time of counselling.
For Details CLICK HERE
For More Details Please Visit: www.nitkkr.ac.in