MET-2008/PAM-CAT-2008 FOR MBA/MCA COURSES IN PUNJAB
State Level Entrance Test (MET-2008/PAM-CAT-2008) for admission to MBA/MCA courses for the session 2008-2009 in the Departments / Institutes / Colleges affiliated to the Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar, Punjabi University Patiala and Punjab Technical university, Jalandhar will be held on 13.07.2008 (Sunday) as per details given in the Prospectus.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR MBA
(1) Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar: Recognized Bachelor's Degree in any stream with not less than 50% marks.
(2) Punjabi University, Patiala: Minimum 50% marks in recognized Bachelor's / Master's Degree examination (45% marks for SC/ST and physically handicapped with at least 40% disability.)
(3) Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar: Recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum three years in any discipline recognized by Association of Indian Universities.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR MCA
(1) Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar: BBA / B.Com / B.Com (Professional) B.Sc. (Hons.) Economics or Graduate in any stream with Mathematics / Statistics /Computer Science / Computer Applications / IT / Computer Maintenance / Quantitative Techniques as one of the elective subjects with 50% marks in aggregate or any equivalent degree thereto. OR
Bachelor's Degree in any stream with 50% marks in aggregate with Mathematics as an elective subject at 10+2 level.
(2) Punjabi University, Patiala: Recognized Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3) / BCA in any discipline of the statutory / University with 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for SC/ST and physically handicapped with at least 40% disability). The candidate must have passed senior secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination with Mathematics / Statistics / Business Mathematics / Business Statistics / Quantitative Techniques or equivalent as compulsory / optional / additional subject operator.
(3) Punjab Technical University Jalandhar: Recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum three years duration with Mathematics / Statistics / Business Mathematics / Business Statistics / Quantitative Techniques as compulsory / optional / additional Paper as one of the subjects either at 10+2 level or at graduation level.
Prospectus containing Application Form-A, Computer Form (OMR based), etc will be available w.e.f 14.06.2008 either by hand or by post as per Details below or can be downloaded from website.
(A) By Hand: On cash payment of Rs. 600/- from the University Enquiry and Information Centre, Near Main Gate, Punjabi University, Patiala and from the selected Branches of State Bank of Patiala located at
Amristsar (Mukherjee Marg.),
Chandigarh (Sector 22-B),
Jalandhar (Shahtri Market),
Gurdaspur (Main) and
Ludhiana (Sadar Bazar)
(B) By Post: The request for Prospectus by post should be made to In-charge, Enquiry and Information Centre, Near Main Gate, Punjabi University, Patiala – 147002 alongwith a Bank Draft Rs. 660/- in favour of The Registrar, Punjabi University, Patiala Payable at Patiala and self addressed envelope of 12” * 10” size. Candidate must write his/her name, Telephone number and address at the back of Bank Draft.
(C) University Website: Prospectus alonwith relevant forms can also be downloaded from university website www.punjabiuniversity.ac.in and should be accompanied by a Bank Draft of Rs. 1600/- (Rs. 1350/- in case of SC/ST and physically Handicapped ) in favour of Registrar, Punjabi University, Patiala payable at Patiala only.
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
(1) Without Late Fee: 30.06.2008
(2) With Late Fee of Rs. 1000/-: 05.07.2008
(3) With Late Fee of Rs. 2000/- : 10.07.2008
(1) Date of Entrance Test: 13.07.2008
(2) Timing of Test: 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
(3) Declaration of Result (on or before): 20.07.2008
(4) Date of First Counseling: 23.07.2008
Note: Application Form with Late Fee must be deposited by hand and the Roll Number will be issued on the spot.
Complete Application Form-A alongwith other required document must be submitted / sent at the following address.
MBA/MCA ENTRANCE TEST CELL-2008
Arts Block No. 6, (Second Floor)
Punjabi University, Patiala (Pb.) – 147 002
Contact Nos.: 0175-3046523, 3046524
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PROSPECTUS
For More Details Please Visit: www.punjabiuniversity.ac.in
MET 2009 / PAM - CAT 2009