Admission Announcement of M. Tech & Ph.D. Programs
Institute of Petroleum Technology (IPTG), an educational Institute, functioning from August 2007, with a core focus on the oil & gas sector and aligning its environment to emerge as a Center of Excellence, offers Masters and Doctoral programs in various areas of Oil & Gas and newer Energy Sources.
The goals of the Doctoral Programmes at the Institute of Petroleum Technology Gandhinagar comprise the following: “The development of the highest quality of scientific and technical manpower to cater to the needs of Industry and R & D Organisations based in energy sector”.
1. Mere submission of the application does not qualify a candidate to be called for interview/test.
2.Call letters for interview/test are sent only to those candidates recommended by screening committee. Call letters will be posted by ordinary mail. Candidates may make personal enquiries if they do not receive call letters. Lists of candidates called for interview/test will also be made available in the website of IPTG (http://www.iptg.ac.in).
3. Interview/tests will normally be held within one month from the last date of submission of applications.
4. Employed persons should rout their applications through proper channel with undertaking in the prescribed format given with the application form. An advanced copy of the form may also be sent.
5. Original marksheets/grade cards, certificates of GATE/NET qualification etc will have to be produced at the time of interview/test.
6. Applications received after the last date will not be considered.
(A) For PhD
For Regular Students:
(1) For PhD: Science
a) Masters degree in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Geology or Applied Geology, Applied Chemistry with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks or a C.P.I. of 6.5 or equivalent and a valid GATE score or NET qualification.
(2) For PhD: Engineering
a) M. Tech degree or equivalent in an appropriate area with minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% marks,
b) B. Tech degree or equivalent in an appropriate area with a CPI of at least 7.00 or 65% marks and a valid GATE score,
(3) For PhD: HSS
a) Masters Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent, and a valid NET qualification.
For Sponsored Full-Time, Part-Time & Self Financed Candidates
Candidates must have at least 2 years of professional experience in a relevant field in addition to possessing any of the qualifications specified for the regular candidates with or without GATE/NET score.
(B) For M. Tech.
1. B. Tech. degree in Engineering must have a valid GATE score at the time of admission.
2. Postgraduate degree in Sciences (Geophysics, Physics, Geology, petrophysics & Applied Mathematics) must have a valid GATE/NET.
3. Sponsored Candidate from related industries with valid qualification.
How to Apply
1. Application forms and detailed information are available at our website www.iptg.ac.in
2. Only online applications are accepted.
3. The application fee (Rs. 1200/- for Ph. D. and Rs. 1500/- for M. Tech) must be sent by registered/speed post/courier in the form of a Demand Draft in Favour of IPTG, Gujarat.
4. Name and address of the candidate must be written at the back of the DD, and the envelop must be superscripted with “PG Admission 2008”.
5. Applications and DD must reach IPTG, Gujarat latest by May 24, 2008.
PG Admission 2008
Institute of Petroleum Technology Gandhinagar (IPTG)
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum Univeristy (PDPU)
Raisan, Gandhinagar - 382 007. Gujarat, India.
Phone No.: 079-23275021
Fax No.: 079-23275030
For More Details Please CLICK HERE