BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY
VARANASI – 221005
Fax & : 0542-2367568
INFORMATION LEAFLET FOR REGISTRATION TO
D.M./M.Ch. 3 YEARS COURSES - AUGUST 2008
D.M. : Medical graduates holding the degree of M.D. (Medicine) or M.D. (Paediatrics) or equivalent degree recognized by the M.C.I.
M.Ch. : M.S. (Surgery) or equivalent degree recognized by the M.C.I. for all the M.Ch. subjects.
For both the above courses the candidates must have passed the MD/MS Examination on or before 31st May 2008.
2. DURATION AND RECOGNITION OF THE COURSE:
a) Duration of the course is 3 years
b) The degrees of M.Ch. (Paediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Urology) and DM of (Endocrinology, Gastroenterology) are recognized by the Medical Council of India. The recognition of other degrees is under process.
3. AVAILABILITY OF APPLICATION FORMS:
a). It can be downloaded from BHU Web. Site www.bhu.ac.in
b). It can also be obtained from the office of the Director, Institute of Medical sciences, BHU, Varanasi on submission of a MICR DD of Rs. 100/- in favour of the “Director, Institute of Medical sciences, BHU”, payable at Varanasi along with self addressed envelop (25 x 16 cm) by post till 12th May, 2008 and in person till 19thMay 2008.
4. HOW TO APPLY:
i) A candidate can apply and appear for one subject either for regular (Residency) seat or for sponsored category only.
ii) Candidates who are in service of Government/Semi Government/Statutory Body must apply through proper channel with endorsement certificate of the Employer on the proforma as provided in the application form.
iii) The application must be accompanied with attested copies of all the mark sheets / certificates / degrees / registration number and other documents (from High School to MD/MS)
iv) The completed application form in all respects along with all necessary enclosures should reach this office on or before Monday, 2nd june 2008, 5.00 PM. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed "APPLICATION FOR D.M./M.Ch. COURSE AUGUST 2008" . Applications sent by Fax, E-Mail, Photocopies or any other form will not be entertained. Only the original form and form
downloaded through Internet will be accepted.
v) Duly completed application must be accompanied with a MICR Demand Draft drawn on a nationalized bank and payable at Varanasi in favour of DIRECTOR, IMS, BHU of Rs.1500/- (Rupees One thousand and five hundred only)
vi) Incomplete applications in any respect will be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Applications (even if complete) received after the last date will not be entertained on
any ground including postal delay.
vii) The eligible candidates may apply by filling up the application form enclosed herewith in his/her own clean handwriting.
viii) For sponsored category seats, only those candidates who are in service of any Government or statutory body or working against Research Fellowship of Government Research Organisations like ICMR, CSIR, etc are eligible.
ix) They must apply with a sponsorship certificate on the format given in the application form (duly signed by the Employer with date, designation and seal) that he/she is being sponsored for undergoing the course applied for and that he/she will get leave for the full duration of three years of the course with full pay or half pay and the assurance that after completion of the course he/she will be taken back in service by the employer concerned. However, this assurance in case of the candidates working in the Research Schemes
is not required.
i) The test paper will consist of 100 objective type questions and the paper
will be of 100 minutes duration.
ii) Questions will be of MD/MS standard
iii) Questions will be from the subjects from which the MD/MS degree was awarded
iv) Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
v) There will be negative marking for incorrect answer. One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
vi) The qualifying marks are 50 percent of aggregate.
The merit list for DM and MCh. Entrance Test would be irrespective of the subjects in which the candidates had appeared thus there will be only one merit list for DM Course and one merit list for MCh course & posted on the BHU web site www.bhu.ac.in
i) The candidates will be selected for registration/ admission strictly based on merit in the written test. In case of equal marks at the test the inter-se-ranking of the candidates shall be determined in the following order:-
(a) In case of candidates having equal marks at the test the merit shall be decided on the basis of number of failures at the MD/MS examination. One mark will be deducted out of the marks obtained by the candidates in the written test for each failure.
(b) In case of candidates having equal marks vice (a) above the merit shall be decided on the basis of percentage of aggregate or marks obtained by the candidates in MBBS (Final Examination).
(c) In case of candidates having equal percentage of aggregate marks at the MBBS (Final) Examination vice (b) above, the merit shall be decided on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in Medicine (for selection to D.M. course) and Surgery (for selection to M.Ch. course) in the MBBS examination.
(d) If the marks at the above vice (c) happen to be the same the date of birth would be the basis i.e. the candidate senior in the age would rank higher.
i) The sponsored/deputed applicants will be treated as supernumerary candidates and in case of their selection and registration/admission and joining for the course, they will not get any payment from the Institute/University.
ii) No private practice of any kind shall be permitted during the training period.
v) No scrutiny/revaluation of the answer book of the test shall be allowed on any ground.
iv) All applicants should note that in all matters of the written test and the registration/admission to the course as advertised and applied for, the decision of the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, B.H.U., shall be final and binding on the candidates.
v) The selected candidates will be have to appear before the admission committee for counseling and also required to sign a bond on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.100/- (to be purchased from Varanasi or any district of State of Uttar Pradesh) on the format to be supplied by the Directorate before he/she is
permitted to join the course.
vi) The admission and continuance of Registration/Residency of the candidate shall be subject to the BHU Act, Statutes, Ordinance, Rules and Regulations and orders as may be applicable from time to time and the aforesaid bond. The registration/ admission may be cancelled without any notice if the supervisor of
the Department is not satisfied with the work and/or conduct of the candidate.
vii) The decision of the Director, IMS, BHU, shall be final and binding on the candidate in respect of the admission test.
viii) The decision of the Postgraduate Medical Board, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, in all the matters of admission/registration shall be final and binding on the candidate.
1. Mere submission of application and appearing and qualifying in the examination or test will not entitle the candidates to claim admission in any of the above course.
2. The candidates must note that if it is found that he/she is not eligible the Directorate will not issue the Admit Card and will not take any responsibility in this regard. No claim will be entertained on account of his/her having reached here for the purpose. So it is in the interest of the candidate to make application only when he/she is confirmed that he/she fulfills the eligibility and other requirements/conditions prescribed and has submitted duly completed application within time. There will be no responsibility on the part of the Directorate and no claim will be entertained by it in this regard on any account.
3. All photograph and copies of certificates must be self attested.
4. All passport size photographs must be identical, snapped with front profile, showing full head, face, shoulders and with both ears and taken without wearing any Cap/Hat/Sunglass. Polaroid photos are not accepted. Photograph
must be taken on or after 25th November 2007, with a placard indicating the date.
5. No TA/DA will be admissible for attending the written test and joining the course.
6. Candidates must bring their own BLACK BALL PEN for the Entrance Test.
7. Candidates will have to bring admit card (original), all original certificates, Marks sheets and Internship completion certificate at the time counseling and have to submit documentary proof at the time of Admission that their degrees are recognized by Medical Council of India.
8. Provisional admit card shall be sent by Registered Post to the candidates. If an eligible candidate does not receive the admit card, he/she may contact the office of the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi on
5thJuly 2008 between 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM along with 2 copies of self attested passport size photographs identical to those pasted in Original application form. No duplicate admit card will be issued on the day of the examination. i.e. 6st July 2008.
LAST DATE for obtaining application form and information leaflet by post
Monday, 12th May 2008
LAST DATE for obtaining application form and information leaflet from office counter
Saturday, 19th May 2008
LAST DATE for receipt of completed application form in the office of the Director, IMS, BHU, Varanasi
Monday, 2nd June 2008
DATE of written examination
Sunday, 6st July 2008 (Time: 9.00 AM)
Place of Examination
Mahila Mahavidhayala, BHU, Varanasi
Duration of the Examination
(1) CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO DOWNLOAD EACH PAGE OF THE APPLICATION FORM ON
ONE SIDE OF THE PAPER ONLY.
(2) Please attach a self addressed envelope of 25 cm x 16 cm size. The address should be clearly and neatly written in capital letters for sending ADMIT CARD.
For More Details CLICK HERE