[Deemed-to-be-University established by Government of India under UGC Act, 1956]
LONGOWAL, DISTT. SANGUR-148106 (PUNJAB)
SLIET Entrance Test 2008.
ADMISSION NOTICE-SESSION: 2008-2009
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) is a Deemed-to-be-University and a national level institute established by Government of India through Ministry of Human Resource Development. The Institute offers unique modular pattern of education in various branches of Engineering & Technology. The study programmes include various courses at Certificate, Diploma, Degree, M.Tech. & Ph.D. levels. There is a provision for Certificate student to enter to Diploma and Diploma student to Degree Programme. Details are also available on the institute website http://www.sliet.ac.in. Applications on prescribed form are invited for admission to various programmes at Certificate, Diploma, Degree and M. Tech. level through a National Level Test to be conducted on June 7-8, 2008 at all major cities of the country.
1. Certificate Programmes (2 years Duration): (1) Servicing & Maintenance of Electronics Instruments; (2)Computer Applications; (3) Food Technology; (4) Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration; (5) Foundry & Forging; (6) Tool & Die Technology; (7) Auto & Farm Machinery; (8) Welding Technology; (9) Servicing & Maintenance of Medical Instruments; (10) Maintenance of Television; (11) Maintenance of Electrical Equipments; (12) Paper & Printing Technology
2. Diploma Programmes (2 years Duration): (1) Chemical Technology; (2) Computer Science & Engineering; (3) Computer Science & Applications; (4) Electronics & Communication Engineering; (5) Food Technology;(6) Foundry Technology (7) Instrumentation & Process Control; (8) Industrial & Production Engineering; (9) Maintenance & Plant Engineering; (10) Welding Technology
3. Degree Programmes (3 years Duration): (1) Chemical Technology with specialization in Polymer Technology (2) Chemical Technology with specialization in Paper Technology (3) Computer Science & Engineering; (4) Electronics & Communication Engineering; (5) Food Technology; (6) Instrumentation & Control Engineering; (7) Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Manufacturing Engineering; (8) Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Welding Technology; (9) Information Technology
4. M.Tech. Programmes: (2 years Duration): (1) Manufacturing Systems Engineering; (2) Food Engineering & Technology; (3) Instrumentation & Control Engineering; (4) Polymer
10th Pass (with pass in Science, Mathematics and English) from a State Secondary Education Board/CBSE/ICSE or equivalent.
10+2 Pass (with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) from recognized Board/University or equivalent or Certificate Holder of SLIET.
Degree Programmes: Diploma Holder from SLIET or from other Polytechnics affiliated with any State Board of Technical Education.
M.Tech.Programmes: Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Technology in the concerned/allied branch or equivalent.
Ph.D. Programme: Kindly refer to the Institute website www.sliet.ac.in
Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply.
RESERVATION OT SEATS:
Seats are reserved for various categories as mentioned below
1. (a) Certificate Programmes:
(i) Punjab State 75%
(ii) Other States & U.Ts 25%
(b) Diploma Programmes:
(i) Punjab State 50%
(ii) Other States & U.Ts 50%
(c) Degree Programmes: Open at All India Level.
(d) M. Tech. Programmes: Open at All India Level.
2. Statutory Reservations (in all above programmes): 15% for Schedule Castes, 7.5% for Schedule Tribes and 3% for Physically Handicapped.
3. NRI/NRI Sponsored*: 10% in Diploma and Degree programmes (over and above the
*Latest instructions of Government of India shall apply at the time of admission against this category.
APPLICATION FORM AND EXAMINATION FEE: The Information Brochure containing
information about the Institute, syllabi for Entrance Test for different programmes and application form for Entrance Test is available at SLIET, Longowal (Distt.Sangrur)-148106, Punjab, on payment of Rs.325/- at the Institute’s counter or through post by sending a Bank Draft of Rs.350/- in favour of Director, SLIET, payable at Longowal/Sangrur. The complete application form along with examination fee (in the form of DD or cash receipt) of Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/ST) should be sent to the Chairman, SET-2008, Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Longowal-148106, Distt.Sangrur (Punjab) on or before April, 30, 2008.
Note: For Vertical Promotion from lower module to higher module, the SLIET students of Certificate and Diploma Programmes shall have to appear in the Entrance Test, SET-IV & SET-V, respectively to be conducted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 at SLIET, Longowal only.
Information Brochure shall also be available at the following places by cash payment of Rs.340/- only:
1. Giani Zail Singh College of Engineering & Technology, Bathinda
2. Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana (Punjab)
3. National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (H.P.)
4. National Institute of TechnoLogy, Kurukshetra (Haryana)
5. YMCA Institute of Engineering, Sector 6, Faridbad
6. Multani Mal Modi College, Lower Mall, Patiala
7. DAV Institute of Engineering & Technology, Kabir Nagar, Jalandhar
8. Directorate of Technical Education & Indl. Training, Plot No.1, Sector 36-A, Chandigarh
9. Beant College of Engineering & Technology, Gurdaspur.
10. National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli-620015, Tamil Nadu
11. B.A.V. inter College, Subash Bazar, Meerut City
12. Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal-462007.
13. Madan Mohan Malviya Engineering College, Gorakhpur (U.P.)
14. Shri Guru Nanak Girls Degree College, Gautam Budh Marg, Lucknow
15. Patna Science College, Ashok Raj Path, Patna
Contact: Telephone No.01672-280072, 284815, 284816.
Fax No.01672-280072, 280059, 280057. E-mail: email@example.com
ADMISSION UNDER PERSONS WITH DISABILITY (PWD) SCHEME:
Under this scheme of the Govt. of India 25 seats are available in Diploma (12 Seats) and Certificate (13 seats) programmes for persons having more than 40% disability. Candidates who get admission under this scheme are given free education, hostel facilities, scholarships, books, uniform allowances as per limits of this scheme. Interested candidates may apply on the prescribed form (available free of cost). Such candidates shall have to appear for SLIET Entrance Test–2008 (SET-I for Certificate & SET-II for Diploma) to be held at different centres across the country.
For more Details and free application form candidates can contact/write: Project Co-ordinator, PWD Scheme, Library Block, SLIET,Longowal-148 106(Phone:01672-284946, www.sliet.ac.in)