Mohindra Kothi, The Mall, Patiala 147 001
Ph. 0175-2304188, Fax: 2304189
COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST (CLAT) 2008
Admission To B.A.LL.B & LL.M
(1) B.A., LL.B. (Hons.): Five Year Integrated Course
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
1. The Admission to the B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Five Year Integrated Course shall be based exclusively on the performance of the candidate in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) being organised this year by the National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Banglore. However, to qualify for the admission:
(a) The Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination of the Punjab School Education Board or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks in the aggregate.
(b) The age of the candidate must not be more than 21 years on 1 July 2008 (22 years in case of the SC/ST candidates).
2. The candidates appearing in or awaiting results of the qualifying examination being held in March/April 2008 may also apply and appear for the CLAT provisionally, subject to the condition that they shall produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed percentage of marks at the time of their interview/counselling.
3. The candidature of:
(a) Those who do not clear the qualifying examination with the requisite marks and fail to produce result on the date of interview/counselling; and
(b) Those who get compartment/re-appear in any of the subject(s) in the qualifying examination Shall be cancelled and subsequent securing of the qualifying marks shall not be considered.
INTAKE AND RESERVATION
The total number of seats for the B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Five Years Integrated
Course shall be eighty (80). Division of the seats shall be as under:
(1) General Category Forty Six  Seats
(2) Schedule Castes (15%) Twelve  Seats
(3) Schedule Tribes (7½%) Six  Seats
(4) Persons with Disability (3%) Two  Seats
(5) Punjab Residents (10%) Eight  Seats
(6) Ancestral Resident of Village Sidhuwal, District Patiala One  Seat
(7) Foreign Nationals Five  Seats
Total Seats Eighty  Seats
(2) LL.M. PROGRAMME
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, also offers Post
Graduate (LL.M) Programme. In the first instance the University is offering
LL.M. programme in Business Law, Criminal Law and Human Rights Law.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
1. A person who has passed the LL.B. Degree examination from Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law and any other University whose degree is recognised by this University, with minimum 50% marks shall be eligible for admission to the course.
2. Candidate appearing in/awaiting result of the qualifying examination being held in April/May 2008 may also apply and appear provisionally for the Admission Test subject to the condition that they produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed marks at the time of Interview /counselling.
3. The Candidature of:
(a) those who do not clear the qualifying examination with the requisite marks and fail to produce result on the date of Interview/Counselling, and
(b) those who get compartment/reappear in any subject in the qualifying examination shall be cancelled and subsequent securing qualifying marks shall not be considered.
(i) Candidates applying in the SC/ST category are required to submit certificate
from the competent authority.
(ii) Person with Disability seeking benefit of reservation of seats is to submit
minimum 35% Disability Certificate from Medical specialist of Government
INTAKE AND RESERVATION
The Total number of seats for the LL.M. Course shall be Twenty (20). Division
of seats shall be as under:
General Category Eleven  Seats
Schedule Caste Four  Seats
Schedule Tribe Two  Seats
Person with Disability One  Seat
Foreign Nationals Two  Seats
Total Seats Twenty  Seats
How To Apply:
The admission to B.A.LL.B(Hons.) Five years integrated Course and LL.M Two Years Post Graduation Course at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, Patiala, for the session 2008-2009 shall be made throgh the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT 2008), being Conducted by the NLSIU, Banglore on 11th May 2008. Candidates seeking admission should submit their application Forms directly to the NLSIU, Banglore on or before 10.04.2008. The prospectus along with the Application Forms is available at different Counters of the Corporation Bank, State Bank Of India and RGNUL Reception Counter on the payment of Rs. 2000/- or can be downloaded from the website www.clat.ac.in
Last date to receive the completed application Forms at NLSIU Banglore 10.04.2008
Date of Entrance test
For Further details about RAJIV GANDHI NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF LAW,
PUNJAB, PATIALA please visit:
website: www.rgnulpatiala.org, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab
Mohindra Kothi, The Mall, Patiala – 147 001
Ph.: 0175 2304188, Fax: 0175 2304189
For Further details about COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST (CLAT) 2008
please visit: website: www.clat.ac.in
Common Law Admission Test
National Law School of India University, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore-560242.
Ph: 080-23213160, 23160532,
For More Details CLICK HERE