Wants unmarried young men & women who can rise above the rest
GIVE WINGS TO YOUR DREAMS
Inviting applications from dynamic Indian Men and Women for a
fulfilling Career in the Flying Branch of the Indian Air Force.
3 SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (MEN) &
32 SSC (WOMEN) FLYING (PILOT) COURSE
Courses Commencing Jul 2009
Last date of receipt of application : 31 March 2008
For Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshdweep & Minicoy Islands,
Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Nagaland
and Mizoram -- Last Date : 07 April 2008
YOU MUST BE:
(a) An unmarried Male or female Indian citizen, born between 02 Jan 86 and 01 Jan 90(Upper age relaxable upto 02 Jul 83 for those having Commercial Pilot License).
(b) A first class Graduate (aggregate) of 60% marks and above marks in any discipline (three year course) with Physics and Maths at 10+2 level, or BE (Four year course). Final year students may also apply, provided they do not have any backlog and have 60% marks in previous year/semester and would qualify for a degree and submit the result by 15 Dec 2008.
(c)At least 162.5 cms in height and have a leg length in the range 99 cms (min) and 120 cms (max).
YOU MUST NOT BE:
(a) Colour blind or suffer from night blindness or be a habitual wearer of spectacles (or other forms of corrective lenses).
(b) A candidate who has failed the Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) in an earlier attempt.
(c)A Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force
(d) Airmen candidate’s are to apply for the separate Airmen Entry.
IF YOU MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS, apply on plain A4 size paper (typed or handwritten) in English in the format given (CLICK HERE for Application Format) and post the application to the address given below by ORDINARY POST to reach latest by 31 March 2008 / 07 Apr 2008 (as applicable). No quires will be entertained regarding late receipt of applications.
POST BAG NO. 001, NIRMAN BHAWAN POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI - 110 106
Please do not send applications through Courier, Registered Post, Speed Post, E-mail, etc.
Superscribe the envelope : 3 SSC (M) / 32 SSC(W) F (P) Course (as applicable).
1. Scrutiny of the Applications.
2. Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) on the first day at one of the Air Force
Selection Boards at Dehradun, Mysore or Varanasi.
3. Personality Tests for the qualifiers of PABT.
4. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence test, Picture Perception and
5. Stage II test consisting of Psychological testing, Group testing and
Interview in the subsequent days.
6. Medical Examination at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM Bangalore for those
who qualify AFSB testing.
7. Finalisation of Merit List.
8. Issue of Joining Instructions to selected Candidates as per the order
of merit and vacancy available.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Short Service Commission (SSC):- Training for 74 weeks at Air
Force Academy, Hyderabad. During the training period, you would
be orientated with defence lifestyle and imparted rigorous training
to enhance your physical and mental toughness before commencing
flying training. On completion you would be granted Short
Service Commission. The engagement period would be for 14years
from the date of commissioning.
_ During training Rs.8,000/- per month as stipend. On successful completion of training, rank of Flying Officer in the pay scale of Rs.8,250/- -300 -10,050/- per month. Entry Level Emoluments which includes Dearness Allowance, Flying Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance works out to Rs.18,750/- p.m. (approx.).
_ Entitlements:- Qualification Pay/ Grant, Transport Allowance and certain other allowances, based on place of posting.
_ Benefits:- Furnished Accommodation, Comprehensive Medical Cover (including families), Leave Travel Concession, Leave (60 days Annual and 20 days Casual), supply of Entitled Rations, Canteen and Officers Mess facilities and many more.
_ Insurance:- Rs.20 Lac Insurance Cover (on contribution) as applicable to
serving officers. Additional cover for Flying Branch Officers is also available.
1. Terms and conditions given in the advertisement are guidelines only and are subject to change without notice.
2. Kindly, attach with the Application Form, photocopies of provisional certificate / degree certificate or certificate from the College Principal regarding likely date of announcement of final results with subjects mentioned therein. No mark sheets / copies thereof are to be submitted.
3. Kindly, send two self addressed stamped (Rs. 27/- each) envelopes (23 x 10 cms) clipped with the Application Form.
4. Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) is administered only once in a life time and candidates failing to pass the same will be routed back on the first day. Further the candidates who fail to clear the first stage of the Personality Test will also be routed back immediately after the test.
5. Candidates holding Senior Division Air Wing 'C' Certificate who have applied for 185 F (P) through DG NCC are not eligible.
6. The columns in the Application Format must be complete in all respects. Illegible / incomplete applications will be rejected without assigning any reasons.
7. The following documents must be carried in original alongwith photocopies by the candidates while reporting to the Air Force Selection Board for tests.
(a) Matriculation or Secondary School leaving Certificate issued by Board of Secondary Education for proof of Date of Birth. (No other document would be accepted as proof of Date of Birth).
(b)10+2 Certificate and Mark Sheet (issued by Board only) as proof of having studied Physics & Maths.
(c) Original / Provisional Graduation Degree Certificate, Mark Sheet issued by the University only.
(d) In case of final year degree students, certificate from Principal of the College
certifying that :-
“The candidate is a student of final year and is appearing for the final examination in …....…. (Month & Year) and his final year result will be declared by 15 Dec 2008.”
(e) Original Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ Certificate (if applicable). In case the candidate is to appear in the NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Sr. Division) Examinations, a certificate from the Commanding Officer of the NCC Air Squadron is to be attached to the effect that the candidate will produce the certificate by 15 Dec 2008 .
(f) Original Commercial Pilot License (if applicable).
* Candidates who are not in possession of these documents will be routed back from AFSBs on the first day without any payment of TA/DA.
8. Onus of meeting eligibility criteria rests with the candidate. Merely because you have been tested in PABT/ AFSB does not constitute fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
9. You must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability. For further details log on to our website www.careerairforce.nic.in.
10. DISCLAIMER: Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity the existing rules and regulations of IAF/ Govt. of India will be final. Candidates are to clarify their doubts, if any before applying.
INDIAN AIR FORCE... A CUT ABOVE
For Career Details Contact :~
Publicity Cell, Air HQ, ‘DISHA’, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi - 110 106.
Tele :~ 011- 23010231 Extn. 7080
Telefax :~ 011- 23017918
e-mail :~ firstname.lastname@example.org
The Application form can be downloaded from
website : www.careerairforce.nic.in
For More Details CLICK HERE